Paulo and Ireni Mota, Restoration Ministries
In the big things and small things, let us give thanks in all things.
Through the scriptures we are reminded to give thanks to the Lord:
“Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good; His love endures forever.” Psalms 118:1
“Give thanks to the Lord, call on his name; make known among the nations what He has done.” I Chronicles 16:8 “Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.“ 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18.
Talking about myself, how many times do I experience God’s wonderful blessing in my life, but then look at another situation and start to complain, instead of being thankful for His goodness? How many times do I focus on my problems instead His love?
I know, and you know as well, that we should be rejoicing and be glad about the day that the Lord had made. We all know this, but how easy it is to forget to rejoice! God, by his love and mercy, has been teaching me to be thankful for the little things, teaching me to be patient when it is not one of my gifts (smile,) even being thankful for the trials. What I have learned from God is that by His grace He made me stronger.
From the depths of my heart I want to celebrate with you by sharing a few things.
I give thanks for the friends, my family in Christ, that for so many years have been praying for Paulo and especially for Daniel, Sofia, and me. It has been a long journey, praying and waiting, as the time went by.
I want to have you to join me in what God has done.
Paulo is improving a lot. Right now he is not taking any medicine, he is sleeping all-night, very alert during the day and focused. He just started two weeks ago a small Bible study at our house. To me this is a miracle. It is a Jesus touch; I have no doubts about it. This is happening because of many people praying for this, and you are part of it. Daniel and Sofia are so happy about Paulo’s healing. It is like a Christmas gift came early. They are spending time with Paulo, enjoying being around him. I am having a break from the kids (smile) because they want be with him most of time.
From my heart I am thankful to you for being with me on this journey and for all the constant prayer.
Giving thanks in the ministry:
• Building a church at Vila Rosa community is a dream that came true. We just finished the first phase of construction that looks great. Thank you for your participation in it.
• For the dorms that we are building at the main Day Center. The vision for it it is to receive the short term teams, also different groups around Brasil that want to be volunteers serving along side with us. Our desire is to receive and partner with people/groups that have the vision to work with the poor and reach out to them for Christ. The facilities will be of great value to host those brothers and sisters in Christ.
• For all the teams that came and are coming this year, what blessings and what impact that you have on people’s lives through Christ.
• For RM board members in USA that have been a real blessing to my life and ministry through all these years
• Our English school project that is going well, thanks for the ones who came to be part of it, teaching English
• For many kids that choose God and are coming to the Agita, small groups program weekly. They are learning and taking steps to make right choices, following Christ, which is hard considering their reality that many of them have drug dealers inviting them to work in drug business to make some money.
• For the moms of the kids that we work with who are involved in the small groups.
• For the wonderful men’s retreat that we had this year.
• For all the the churches in USA that has been supporting the minsitry in many different ways
I am so thankful for what God has done and trusting for what amazing things that he has reserved for the ministry, my family, and myself. Thanks so much for you, my friend, for your kindness, friendship and financial support for my family, ministry, and me. It is really appreciated.
I wish a special and blessed Thanksgiving for you and your family. May God continue to bless you abundantly.