Craig & Cynthia Davis, WorldVenture
Ready? Set? Go! – our retirement from WorldVenture ministry in France by the end of 2017 and relocation to the Sacramento area in California. Leaving France on Bastille Day, July 14.
Our Recent Check List
List our apartment for sale on French websites: check!
Negotiate with a potential buyer and sign promissory agreement: check!
Contact a moving company to ship our personal items back to the States: check!
Start the arduous task of sorting, selling, throwing out and packing: check!
Purchase airline tickets to fly from Paris to Sacramento: check!
Sell our car: check!
Take care of the numerous administrative papers: check!
Say goodbye to many French friends: check!
Try to sleep well: not really!
Put into practice Matthew 6:34 (So don’t worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today’s trouble is enough for today.) : in progress!
Our Church Plant in Torcy
Cynthia and I have enjoyed serving in the new church plant in our home town of Torcy for the last two years. Sunday was the last time for me to lead the worship time for this spiritual family. Cynthia also finished her responsibilities as coordinator of the welcome team. Our time in this church plant has been a positive end to 35 years of ministry in France. Thank you for partnering with us during all these years!
Our Prayer Requests
1. A moving company will come on Wednesday, July 12 to finish packing some of the heavy and fragile items. Pray that everything will arrive safe and sound In California in a reasonable amount of time (the company is predicting five weeks).
2. We will fly from Paris to Sacramento via Washington Dulles Airport on Friday, July 14 (Bastille Day in France). Pray for good connections and a safe, uneventful flight.
3. Pray for our adaptation to life in the good ‘ol US of A! We left the States 33 years ago. Many things have changed since that time!
4. Pray that after the sale of our apartment here in France we will be able to find and purchase suitable and affordable housing in the Sacramento area.
5. Pray for our purchase of a reliable car. We have a fairly precise idea of what we are looking for.
6. Pray that we will learn to practice Philippians 4:11 : “Not that I was ever in need, for I have learned how to be content with whatever I have.”