If you weren’t with us, you can get the summer calendar flyer here and the Still More to Come brochure here. We do hope you’ll participate in many of our summer activities, and that you’ll be praying over the decision that needs to be made regarding the next step in Still More to Come.
As we announced yesterday, Priority One is almost completely done and it is fully funded. It included the lobby, bathrooms, ushers’ closet, resource room, and several mission projects.
And There is Still More to Come!
Now we begin Priority Two, which will focus on the worship space. As we finalize these plans, our goal is to:
- bring the excitement and momentum that we are experiencing in the gym back with us into the Worship Center
- maximize the use of the funds that are given
- create a space that will meet our current needs and give us more versatility
- build for future generations
With this in mind, depending on the funds that are given/pledged over the summer months, we will choose to move ahead with Priority Two at one of the following levels:
Priority 2.1 – Minimum Remodel at a projected total cost of $650,000. Projects include: stage lighting, house lights, platform expansion, platform flooring, minimum painting, removal of 14 rear pews (under balcony), minimum audio & video.
Priority 2.2 – Expanded Remodel at an additional cost of $350,000 ($1,000,000 total). Projects include: all of the above, new platform, complete audio & video, complete painting.
Priority 2.3 – Ideal Remodel at an additional cost of $400,000 ($1,400,000 total). Projects include: all of the above, flat floor, pew replacement with fabric chairs.
So What Happens Next?
We as elders and pastors are hoping that the funds given will make it possible for us to choose Priority 2.3, but we are trusting that God will make His will clear over these summer months. To help us in this process of seeking His will, we ask you to join us in the following ways:
- Pray that God will financially enable us to fund Priority 2 at the level which will best serve our current and future ministries.
- Give us your input. Communication cards will be available at the Connections Table on Sunday mornings. There will also be an opportunity to meet with Pastor Dave and some of our other leaders on Monday, June 22, at 10:00am for coffee or at 7:00pm for dessert. These meetings will be held in the Family Center Rooms 524-525.
- Support the project financially as God enables you, without sacrificing your giving to the general fund. When giving, please designate on the check that it is for Still More to Come or put cash in one of the Still More to Come envelopes that you can find on the Connections Table on Sunday mornings or in the church office.
Over the summer months we will continue to meet in the gym as we are making this decision. The level of Priority 2 that we decide on will determine when we will be able to move back into the Worship Center.
Thank you for your support and participation in the remodel effort of our Worship Center. It’s thrilling to see the good work that’s been done so far, and we’re looking forward to seeing how God leads us all as we complete this project in the days ahead.