Finance Lead, Bridges Community Church and Los Altos Christian School
Oversee finance function at both church and school. Primary responsibilities are to ensure books are closed on a timely basis with financial reports that include balance sheet and cash availability, as well as to ensure transactional accounting runs smoothly with all disbursements made timely, to keep donor receipt records in order, and to maintain timely billing and collection of tuition and fees.
Specific Job Tasks
- – Provide supervision to employees and volunteers in finance functions. Oversight of all transactional functions (ie., Payroll, A/P, Donor, Tuition, etc.,).
- – Proficiency with QuickBooks (Cloud) and Paychex desired. Familiarity with Tuition, Donor
- – Receipting, Expense Wire systems is a plus.
- – Perform other tasks as may be assigned by the supervisor.
A list of tasks follow (not complete):
- – Prepare monthly and yearly financial reports to include Operating Statements for BCC & LACS; and Balance Sheet with Fund account analysis
- – Review monthly actual to budget variances; answer questions from staff
- – Oversee disbursement processes, ie., A/P & Payroll & Expense Reports, for timely payments
- – Provide (detailed) information to Paychex for annual ACA reports
- – Oversee annual budget process for BCC and assist LACS budget, in collaboration with Elder team
- – Reconcile all bank accounts or oversee reconciliation as appropriate
- – Assess reports from FACTS(LACS tuition system) for monthly revenue recognition
- – Monitor service vendors insurance certificates
- – Train new employees on entering hours and vacation/sick in Paychex
- – Fund HSA and 403B as required
- – Advise Financial Secretary on receipting and donor tax compliance
- – BS Degree in Accounting or Finance
- – 10 years experience in accounting roles with increasing responsibilities
- – Prefer experience in non-profit or educational institution
- – Familiarity with regulatory filings
At Year End – Collision of Resources
- – Open enrollment
- – On-boarding with teachers
- – Year-end close
- – Budget final