In accomplishing its mission, Bridges Community Church will operate within the context of its doctrinal statement:
- We believe the Bible, as God’s inspired Word, is of final authority in faith and life (II Timothy 3:16, 17 and II Peter 1:21).
- We believe, based on this Word, in one God, existing eternally in three persons: God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit (Deuteronomy 8:6; Matthew 28:19; I Corinthians 8:6) .
- We believe Jesus Christ was begotten of the Holy Spirit and is true God and true man (Matthew 1:20-23; Luke 1:35; John 1:14; Romans 9:5) .
- We believe the Holy Spirit convicts of sin, makes believers children of God through new birth, assures believers of their salvation and, by His indwelling presence, enables believers to live a Godly life (John 10:28, 29; 16:8; Romans 8:38, 39; I Corinthians 3:16; 12:13; Ephesians 1:13, 14) .
- We believe man was created in God’s image, but sinned, incurring spiritual death which has passed upon all the race (Genesis 1:26-27; Romans 3:10, 23; 5:12-19) .
- We believe that Christ died for our sins, according to the Scriptures, and that all who trust Him are justified on the ground of His shed blood (Acts 13:38, 39; Romans 6:23; Hebrews 9:22, 26-28) .
- We believe in the resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ and His present ministry in Heaven for us (Matthew 28:5-7; Romans 8:34; I Corinthians 15:12-20; Hebrews 9:24) .
- We believe the personal, premillenial return of Christ is our “blessed hope” (Acts 1:11; I Thessalonians 4:13-18; Titus 2:13; Revelation 20:1-6) .
- We believe in the bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust, the everlasting blessedness of the saved and the everlasting conscious punishment of the lost (John 5:28, 29; I Corinthians 15:20-28; Revelation 20:11-15) .